I know that there are a lot of people out there who have an amazing novel inside of them. It's the getting it out of you that's the hard part! I'm hoping that this series of articles will help make it a little bit easier for you. There's one little problem...
So, what is the problem?? You are afraid of that blank screen that is sitting in front of you and waiting for you to fill it up with words. The minute you glance at the screen, all of those clever thoughts simple disappear from your head. They are just gone! To remedy that, I have put together a sixty second proposal for you. All you are going to need is a kitchen time or you can even go here and use a timer to your right. Just click the button and it will start your count down. All you have to do is write for sixty seconds on any of the topics that I have chosen for the day. And, if you want to go over the sixty seconds, well, that's okay too!!
1. your best friend talks you into having your tea leaves read. What happens?
2. a puppy who has just moved in next door!
3. you look up and you are suddenly lost.
4. you see an exact duplicate of your engagement ring in an antique shop. What does it mean??
5. black clouds in the sky. What is the first thing you think of?
So, wasn't that easy? You have just given yourself permission to play and that is what writing was all about when you were a kid right??
Tags: learning to write, writing made easy, writing prompts